On February 23 and 24, the Pickering Public Library is hosting ArtsBuild Ontario’s LEARN IT | BUILD IT | MANAGE IT – a two day workshop designed to strengthen the management and financial capacity of nonprofit facilities. Nonprofits in Pickering and in the region have the opportunity to learn about the tools and resources needed to build, finance and manage their facilities while engaging the community.
LEARN IT | BUILD IT | MANAGE IT workshop has already traveled to five out of ten cities across the province. Since we’re bringing the tools, resources and experts to further facility management skills in Orillia’s creative spaces, we’re sharing the top five reasons we think your nonprofit organization should attend this valuable workshop.
• Nonprofits asked and we delivered. This two day workshop is designed based on the needs expressed by nonprofit organizations at ArtsBuild Ontario’s Sustainable Creative Spaces Sessions. These sessions were held in eight Ontario communities in 2013 and involved local leaders in conversations around creating spaces they needed for vibrant cultural activity in their community. They discussed the challenges faced in developing and maintaining these spaces. In response, ArtsBuild created the LEARN IT | BUILD IT | MANAGE IT workshop and designed it to centre around four key topics: Building New Facilities, Financing Options for Nonprofit Spaces, Managing Sustainable Facilities, and Engaging Your Community in Your Nonprofit Space.
- It’s a great networking opportunity. Meet other nonprofits in the community and share experiences. One participant said that “it was relaxed, gave us time to talk to other arts groups…the chance to network was priceless.” Gain perspective on your building projects through the stories of others in addition to the examples provided by topic experts. Speaking of experts…
- Knowledgeable and approachable experts. The four presenters cover everything from financing projects to winning community support. While you’re grabbing a morning coffee or eating lunch, feel free to chat up an expert and gain further insight about your creative space projects.
- Online resources. Following the workshop, ArtsBuild Ontario will provide access to post-workshop materials online. You’ll get access to all topic areas covered in the workshop, so when you present facility ideas to your organization or revisit your workshop notes, these online resources will be there to help.
- It gets you excited about the future of your creative space. Your facility is a creative hub unique to your organization and its services. Each presentation will open up new ideas and resources to help you make your space more sustainable, manageable and engaging to the community around you.
Register for LEARN IT | BUILD IT | MANAGE IT today!
For more information about the workshop or registration, contact Alex Glass at [email protected].