- When will applications for volunteering at the library be reopened?
Online applications will be accepted between March 1 to March 31
- How long after I submit my application until I hear from someone?
Someone will get in touch with you within 7 business days.
- When will I be called for an interview?
You will be contacted and interviews will happen in May.
- If I am asked to supply a Police Check, what is the deadline?
Police Checks must be submitted by Friday April 2. They will not be accepted after this point.
- How long does it take to get a police check?
Approximately two weeks.
- Do I need to get a police check before sending my application?
No, fill out the application first. You will then be sent a letter for a discounted police check.
- How much does it cost to get a police check?
$20 with the letter for a discount
- When can I get someone to sign off on my form?
Hours will be signed off at the end of a program session by appointment.
- Can I apply to more than one position?
Yes! Please apply to as many as you want.
- Is there an age restriction for volunteering?
All volunteers must be at least 13 years old. For the Teen Advisory Group, volunteers must be between grades 8-12.
- I don’t live in Pickering, am I still eligible to apply to volunteer at the library?
Preference will be given to residents of Pickering, but all are welcome to apply.